Q&A – What is considered fraud?
If you are wondering “What is considered fraud in affiliate marketing” that can lead to you being penalized and deducted commissions, let’s answer your questions with Ecomobi right away!
SUSPECTED FRAUD CASES
- The content of the post contains product links but NO titles, images, content related to the product, brand or instructions for customers to purchase products.
- The advertising content is not true, stating the wrong purpose of the product or not in accordance with the requirements of Ecomobi’s brands and partners
- Post content contains sensitive and objectionable images, which directly or indirectly affect the benefits of Ecomobi and Ecomobi’s partners.
- Traffic is unclear, traffic source cannot be clarified.
- Poor quality traffic: defined as the Conversion Rate (CVR, from Unique Clicks to Orders) on your channel that is lower than the average Conversion Rate of the entire campaign, Ecomobi will supervise and notify you in case of low quality detection for you to optimize in time.
- Use tools to increase clicks
- Social media channels do not meet Ecomobi’s requirements
- KOL registers for a main channel (qualified as a KOL) but does not place links in the registered main channel but in unqualified channels.
- Paid traffic including Social Media, Search Engine Marketing, Search Engine Marketing, GDN, Display, Media buy, Pop traffic,…
FRAUD DETECTED PROCEDURE
IN CASE OF FRAUD DETECTION:
– On being detected as fraudulent, KOL will be deducted all commission from clicks (UV commission) and/or commission arising from violating orders
– KOL is not allowed to participate in Shopee/Lazada campaigns exclusively for KOLs or is transferred to regular campaigns (publisher).
IN CASE OF DETECTING LOW QUALITY TRAFFIC:
Under Ecomobi’s continuous monitoring, when we detect any low quality traffic, Ecomobi will send a notification to do a check on that channel of KOLs/Publisher. The handling depends on each case as follows:
- Case 1: KOL can prove to have evident traffic and is eligible to be a KOL. Ecomobi will send a time-tracking notification for KOLs to re-optimize the conversion rate. However, if the CVR is not improved because of traffic characteristics, Ecomobi will not apply UV commission payment policy in these cases, KOL will still be able to operate normally.
- Case 2: KOL does not respond after being reminded, or responds but cannot prove the traffic is evident, CVR is not improved, Ecomobi reserves the right to deduct the entire UV commission. In addition, if KOL’s CVR continues to decrease ⇒ Affecting the overall CVR of the campaign, KOL’s account will be transferred back to the regular campaign (publisher).
- Case 3: KOL proves to have evident traffic, actively cooperates with KOL management team to improve CVR, KOL will continue to receive UV commission and operates as normal.
👉 Ecomobi hopes that the above explanation has helped you better understand the process and ways of handling fraud cases, avoiding unexpected violations. Let’s build a healthy Affiliate community with Ecomobi and increase your revenue!
Join with Ecomobi !!